WELCOME TO SOURCESENCE II.



“Inspiration is what keeps us well.” James Redfield






Find me on my new blog. Click on picture.

Monday 13 July 2009

Legend of Beggar Vance - The Woods


The film is about a young man who went to war and lost his ‘authentic swing’ his soul.








...'Now play the game.
one that only you was meant to play.
The one given to you when you was born.' ...



‘You gonna be wanting a different club, Junuh?
I can't do this.
Just loose your grip up a smidge.
- A man's grip is like a... - That's not what I'm talking about.
- I know. - No, you don't.
What I'm talking about is a game...
...a game that can't be won...
...only played. - You don't understand.
I don't need to understand.
Ain't a soul who ain't got a burden to carry he don't understand.
You ain't alone in that.

But you've been carrying this one long enough.
Time to go on, lay it down.
I don't know how.
You got a choice.
You can stop...
...or you could start. - Start?
- Walking. - Where?
Back to where you've been and then stand there.
Still.
Real still, and remember.
- It was too long ago. - No, sir, it was just a moment ago.
Time to come on out the shadows, Junuh.
Time for you to choose.
- I can't. - You can.
You ain't alone.
I'm right here with you.
I've been here all along.
Now play the game.
one that only you was meant to play.
The one given to you when you was born.

You ready?
Come on, take your stance.
Strike that ball, Junuh. Don't hold nothing back.
Now's the time.
Let yourself remember.
Remember your swing.

That's right, Junuh. Settle yourself, that's good.
Now is the time, Junuh.
Let's go, Hardy.
Hey, Bagger.
- You are one hell of a caddy. - I do the best with what I got.’
From the script of Legend of Beggar Vance - The Woods scene.
War of course, could be used symbolically and substituted with any internal and external battle one may encounter in life, which could lead to loosing one’s ‘authentic swing’.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, be happy with part II.
    Laci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laci. Your kind comment is much appreciated. Judit

    ReplyDelete